As the host of a space, you have access to a menu with additional administrative options.
NOTE: Our spatial audio spaces are a sample app meant to demonstrate High Fidelity's Spatial Audio API. If you are looking for security features, please have a developer on your team look into building your own sample application, or consider one of our API customers' applications.
When you request a new High Fidelity space, you'll receive an email with two important links:
- The first is the regular link to your space, which you can use to invite friends in.
- The second, longer link, is your "Host Link", which grants access to an admin panel with additional features.
NOTE: Please do not give others your Host Link unless you want them to have the same administrative options as you do in your space.
The Admin Panel
The Admin menu will let you change the following settings:
- "Other users can mute me" - When this is checked off, it makes your avatar impossible to mute. This is a great option for presenters and DJs.
- By default, as host, you are permanently able to bypass the user limit on the space.
- "Allow new non-admin connections to this space." Disabling this feature is like shutting the door. When the checkbox is unchecked, the space will not allow new connections in unless the person connecting is using the Host Link. NOTE: If you disallow new connections and then leave the space, you will need to use the Host Link to get back into the space later.
- Normal - People close to you will hear you clearly and those who are further away and more faintly.
- Far - Your voice will travel further than normal. This is a good option for streaming audio such as music played by DJs.
- Everywhere - This allows everyone on the map to hear you loud and clearly. This is a great option for announcements.
You can temporarily remove someone out of your space by clicking on their dot and selecting Remove, as below.
The person you have removed out will see a gray screen and a message that they have been removed.
- When you remove a guest out of your space, and the "Allow new non-admin connections to this space" checkbox is unchecked, the removed guest will not be able to return unless they are using a Host Link.
- If you removed a guest out of your space and the "Allow new non-admin connections to this space" checkbox is checked, the guest will be able to come back if they refresh their browser.
Host Links for Pre-Existing Spaces
If you have an older High Fidelity space, and you would like to take advantage of the Host Link features, just request a new space.
If you have a customized background, just append the portion of your old space's URL that references your custom background to the new space URL.