There are three different types of “sounds” in High Fidelity:
- People - the sound you hear when people in your virtual workplace are talking through their microphones
- Environment - the ambient sounds in the virtual workplace (like the ocean waves or birds)
- System Sound - the sound your computer makes as you interact with the application window (such as the “clicking” you hear when you hover over an icon on the top bar)
To change the volume of all of these at once, simply change the volume of your headset or output device.
To change one or more of these sound types independently of the others:
- Open Settings > Audio (or Settings > VR, if you are in VR mode).
- Under ‘Volume Controls’, move the slider to the desired volume level.