This page will guide you through finding your console browser logs. Sharing your console browser logs with the support team will be helpful when writing in about issues you're experiencing.
How to get your logs in Chrome on desktop devices:
- Open the Chrome browser menu.
- Select More Tools > Developer Tools or press F12.
- Select Console Tab.
- Click anywhere on the section with lines of text.
- Press the CTRL+C to copy the logs.
- Open an app where you can paste the text, such as Notepad or Wordpad.
- Paste the text there.
- Now you have the logs ready in a file to share with us.
How to get your logs in Chrome from your Android phone:
You can access your logs through Remote Debugging. Remote Debugging lets you inspect a page running on an Android device from your computer.
You can find Google's official documentation here: https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/remote-debugging?hl=en
When you have accessed the logs, open an app where you can paste the text, such as Notepad or Wordpad. Now you have the logs ready in a file to share with us.
How to get your logs in Safari from your iPhone:
To get your logs, you'll need to access the Web Inspector, but first, you must enable the Develop menu in your preferences.
How to enable the Develop menu:
- Using a cable, connect your device to a Mac running the Safari web browser.
- With Safari open, select Safari in the menu bar.
- Select Preferences.
- In the menu, select the Advanced tab.
- Check Show Develop menu in menu bar to turn it on.
Now you can follow the next instructions to turn Web Inspector on:
- Select the Settings icon on your phone's Home screen.
- Scroll down then select Safari. This will open the screen that contains everything related to the Safari web browser on your device.
- Scroll down and select Advanced.
- Tab on the switch for Web Inspector to turn it on.
To access the Web Inspector:
- In the Safari menu bar, select Develop > Connect Web Inspector
With your phone connected and the Web Inspector open, you can copy the logs. Open an app where you can paste the text, such as Notepad or Wordpad. Now you have the logs ready in a file to share with us.